The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS - General Questions / issue on de200.eos file
- By dortenzio Date 2020-12-03 12:39
Good morning

I experienced the "1 december 2020" issue related to the planetary ephemeris and I followed the instruction to download and install a new de200.eos file (as indicated here) . However, i didn’t find the $OCDATAROOT/modis/static/ directory and, instead, I copied the new de200.eos file in $OCDATAROOT/modis/static. l2gen produced again wrong lat and lon fields.

I have seadas 7.5.3 on a ubuntu workstation.

Have you some hints to solve the issue??

Thanks you very much

Fabrizio
- By seanbailey Date 2020-12-03 14:09
The OCDATAROOT environment variable is defined by the OCSSW_bash.env file provided with the SeaDAS ocssw code.  It is relative to the OCSSWROOT variable, which defines the location of the installed ocssw code.  Typically, OCDATAROOT points to <seadas installation directory>/ocssw/share/.  Make sure the new de200.eos file is placed in the correct path, or the MODIS geolocation code will not find it (and will use the old version).

Sean
- By dortenzio Date 2020-12-04 07:04
Dear Sean
thank you very much for the ultra-rapid answer

Issue solved, by just aiming right path, as you pointed out.

thank you again
Fabrizio
Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS - General Questions / issue on de200.eos file