The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Satellite Data Products & Algorithms / MODIS 250m Processing and Composite Images
- By avmehta Date 2021-01-30 15:45
Hello,
  I was wondering if I can get some help on the following issue:
We are trying to use Aqua-MODIS Rhos at 250m over the Chesapeake Bay for deriving algal bloom and hypoxia base on an AI algorithm. Because of the cloud cover a lot of pixels are unusable when colocating with in situ data.   Therefore, we want to composite Rhos for 7 days. Even then we may not have sufficient valid data. My question is, has anyone used  composite of Terra and Aqua MODIS data - or use Terra MODIS data to fill missing Aqua MODIS images/data?. We realize that the time of day for observation/sun angle are different but in a composite is it OK  to use both Terra and Aqua MODIS Rhos without introducing large uncertainties?
Thank you.
Amita
Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Satellite Data Products & Algorithms / MODIS 250m Processing and Composite Images