The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x Virtual Appliance for Windows / How to start a seadas with full idl license in SeaDAS VA 5.4 (locked)
- By newqqtang Date 2009-08-12 14:26 Edited 2009-08-12 14:30
I have install seadas VA 5.4 and I have install full license  IDL7.0 in it.
I can start IDL in this machine using the  command  'idlde' in a terminal and I can also start seadas with embedded IDL in  the vatual machine using the command 'seadas -em'. But it still starts seadas with embedded IDL when I using the command 'seadas'. I mean that when I use the command 'seadas', it doesn't start seadas base on full licensed IDL but the embedded idl.  how to start a seadas with full idl license in my SeaDAS VA 5.4?
Anyone can help me? Thank you very much.
- By mike Date 2009-08-12 14:35
See this FAQ.
- By newqqtang Date 2009-08-12 14:41
Hi, got it. Thanks so much!
- By beluga Date 2010-02-18 18:34
Hi,
My friend had installed Seadas on his laptop, windows vista, and ask me to help for some details.
Exemple: after saving files where to find them. The virtual version is quite good, but linux works virtual and files are saved on home/seadas but can't move them to the C disk. Did someone meet this problem^, thanks for response
- By mike Date 2010-02-18 18:47
See this FAQ for info on using shared folders to access the C disk.

> after saving files where to find them

Any time you save a file in SeaDAS you can specify the output directory filename and path in the SeaDAS processing windows or output windows to indicate where the file is to be saved. By default, if you do not specify a path, any new files that are created will be saved in the directory where you started seadas (i.e. the directory in which you typed "seadas" in a terminal window). If you click the SeaDAS button to start SeaDAS then the default save location is /home/seadas/.
Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x Virtual Appliance for Windows / How to start a seadas with full idl license in SeaDAS VA 5.4 (locked)