The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic SeaDAS / MODIS Direct Broadcast Support / Terra embedded Onboard (TONS) real-time attitude/ephemeris (locked)
- By Walsh Date 2012-08-21 20:47
Hi,

How do I run the modis_GEO.py script using the Terra embedded Onboard (TONS) real-time attitude and ephemeris ancillaries? 

The command line I execute after I have the L1A Terra hdf product is:
./modis_GEO.py L1A.hdf -o GEO.hdf --threshold 50 -v --log --disable-download --enable-dem --refreshDB

The GEO hdf file that is created has lat/lon values of -999.

I have attached a zip file with all the logs and pcf files from both the L1A and GEO runs.  Along with the standard and error outputs.

Thank you,
William
Attachment: Outputs.zip (15k)
- By gfireman Date 2012-08-27 14:19
William,

There is a problem with using embedded Terra att/eph when the files are available; see this thread.

There is a workaround: edit the pcf to
1. Comment out  LUNs 10501 & 10502
2. Change the value of LUN 600280 from "SDP Toolkit" to "MODIS Packet"

With those changes, geogen_modis should generate valid values, but will still exit with a metadata error.
- By Walsh Date 2012-08-28 16:01
That work around was successful.  Thank you gwyn.

Will the modis_GEO.py script be fixed in the future so that I can disable the download and always use the on-board real-time attitude/ephemeris?

Thanks again,
William
- By seanbailey Date 2012-08-28 16:39
Yes.
Up Topic SeaDAS / MODIS Direct Broadcast Support / Terra embedded Onboard (TONS) real-time attitude/ephemeris (locked)