The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x Virtual Appliance for Windows / L2 Gen Windows too big ! (locked)
- By kn249 Date 2014-07-15 09:58
Hi

I just installed the SeaDas 6.4 VA on Windows 7 laptop. And when I try to run L2 Gen the GUI is too big for the screen so I am unable to press the Run button can you please help me ?
- By gnwiii Date 2014-07-15 11:05
Does your system meet the requirements (specifically, display needs 1280x1024 or higher resolution)?   In some cases the display may start at a lower resolution than your hardware supports, but there is a widget that allows you to select a more suitable resolution.   If your display just meets the minimum specification you may want to configure the VM to use "full-screen" mode to get rid of scrollbars.   If your hardware does not meet the minimum specifications you can still run l2gen on the command-line, but you will probably have problems with hidden buttons in other SeaDAS GUI tools. My work provided a laptop with a tiny screen (1280x720) so I have to connect a larger external display to use SeaDAS.

There are ways to create a virtual screen larger than your physical screen but I'm not sure if the SeaDAS 6 VA supports that.   There may also be some key combinations that will allow you to slide a window to a position that that allows you to see the hidden buttons.   I have used such configurations in the past but a) you waste a lot of time adjusting window positions and b) it takes time to learn the locations of various buttons so you know where to look for things that aren't visible.
- By kn249 Date 2014-07-15 13:38
Thank you very much for your help, I managed to make it work by only changing the resolution to a higher resolution.
Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x Virtual Appliance for Windows / L2 Gen Windows too big ! (locked)