The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x Virtual Appliance for Windows / L2 Gen Does Not Do Atmospheric Correction (locked)
- By kn249 Date 2014-07-15 13:34
When I run L2 Gen with ocean processing enabled the log file says "Atmospheric Correction Disabled" and the output file appears to have no data please help ?
- By seanbailey Date 2014-07-18 14:43
The message "Atmospheric correction disabled" only occurs if atmocor=0
If you set that parameter, then the atmospheric correction will be skipped.
This is NOT the default behavior, so if you simply accept the defaults, the program
should produce a valid, atmospherically corrected file.

Regards,
Sean
- By kn249 Date 2014-07-28 13:33
Hi Sean,

Thank you very much for your help, you are correct, when I keep the default options I do not get the massage "atmospheric correction disabled" and everything is OK, but in the processing option when I only apply Land processing and remove the tick from ocean and atmosphere then, I read somewhere in the middle of the log file

Land processing enabled
Ocean processing enabled
Atmospheric correction disabled 

and the L2 file is only a black screen and I dont know if this is normal or I should expect a different L2 file or something has gone wrong ?

Many Thanks

Kayvan
- By seanbailey Date 2014-07-28 22:39
By unchecking 'Atmospheric' under 'Apply Processing' you are setting atmocor=0.  Don't do that if you want atmospheric correction to be applied.
Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x Virtual Appliance for Windows / L2 Gen Does Not Do Atmospheric Correction (locked)