The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Field Data - SeaBASS / automating data from AERONET-OC station
- By dogun Date 2017-03-25 06:02
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any way to automate downloading of in situ data from AERONET-OC station. I'd like to possibly download matchup data between in situ collection and Landsat to retrieve data that are within a particular days/time window.

Thanks.
- By jasonlefler Date 2017-03-27 14:37
<Previous post deleted.>

That question is better addressed to AERONET themselves.  If they don't intend for data to be downloaded via command line, doing so may be violating a user agreement or terms and conditions.  That being said, using wget or curl to emulate what a browser does is a common starting point for automating sites without proper APIs, such as SeaBASS.  While we don't mind scripts being used to download data, simultaneous requests and many, many requests with no delay in-between is often seen as abusive and may get an IP address temporarily banned.  AERONET's stance on how to appropriately use command line tools, if they're allowed at all, is up to them.

Jason
- By dogun Date 2017-03-28 01:34
Thanks Jason - I appreciate this. I'll ask Aeronet.
Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Field Data - SeaBASS / automating data from AERONET-OC station